The OEM Stereo system is:
– OEM HU/iDrive powering front, rear and underseat woofers
– 4 channel output split into 6 speakers: front speakers connected in parallel with underseat woofers
– front outputs are full range, rear outputs are high passed
– (4) 4″ mids and (2) 6.5″ woofers. No tweeters
– 15W x 4 (Professional Radio)/25W x 4 (iDrive) max power high level outputs
Stereo 4/4 is used with a 4-channel amp to power front, rear and underseat woofers. The underseat woofers are kept connected in parallel to the front speakers. Remote turn on signal included. Removal of the OEM HU/iDrive unit is required.
The Stereo 4/4 harness requires a processor to flatten/de-EQ the iDrive/OEM HU outputs or component speakers than can lower the built-in treble boost of the OEM signal. Coding of the OEM HU/iDrive to output HiFi (balanced, low level outputs) would not require a processor/de-EQ, but it will require balanced-inputs aftermarket amp and RCA termination.
The Stereo harness is designed for experienced DIYer’s and/or professional installers. Ordering of the Stereo harness does not include install support of any aftermarket equipment. Support is only limited to problems or/and warranty with the harness itself.