The OEM Stereo system is:
– OEM HU/iDrive powering front, rear and underseat woofers
– 4 channel output split into 6 speakers: front speakers connected in parallel with underseat woofers
– front outputs are full range, rear outputs are high passed
– (4) 4″ mids and (2) 6.5″ woofers. No tweeters
– 15W x 4 (Professional Radio)/25W x 4 (iDrive) max power high level outputs
The Stereo 4/6 is used with an aftermarket 6-channel amp to power the front, rear and underseat woofers individually (one channel per speaker). Remote turn on and woofer jumpers included. Removal of the OEM HU/iDrive unit is required.
The Stereo 4/6 harness requires a processor to flatten/de-EQ the iDrive/OEM HU outputs or component speakers than can lower the built-in treble boost of the OEM signal. Coding of the OEM HU/iDrive to output HiFi (balanced, low level outputs) would not require a processor/de-EQ, but it will require balanced-inputs aftermarket amps and RCA termination.
The Stereo harness is designed for experienced DIYer’s and/or professional installers. Ordering of the Stereo harness does not include install support of any aftermarket equipment. Support is limited to problems or/and warranty with the harness itself.